Join us for our Annual General Meeting on June 19, 2017 from 7:30- 9 p.m. at the Whitehorse Public Library.
We are very excited to host Trish Newport at our AGM this year. Trish Newport is a Yukon nurse who has worked with Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) since 2009. She has also worked in Djibouti, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Niger, Chad, Cameroon, South Sudan, Lebanon, and Iraq, and has recently returned from her 10th field assignment with MSF, where she managed a project in Northern Iraq and Mosul.
Trish will be sharing her experiences and perspectives from the front line of humanitarian assistance.
We will also:
- Present a detailed financial statement, in accordance with our commitment to transparency for our supporters
- Provide an update on the work we have done during the past year
- Explain our plans for the year ahead
- Elect the board of Directors (New members are welcome to join the board)
- Recruit volunteers to continue the work of the different working committees at Yukon Cares.
- Get together and celebrate another year